Delay Delivery Insurance

Protect Yourself for a Successful Move

This content shows Simple View

How to Forward Mail to Your New Address with the US Post Office

This guest post was provided by, an online resource where you can find the information, products and moving coupons you need to streamline and save during a move.

Moving to a new home is a great opportunity to start fresh and leave behind the unwanted. However, the last things you want to leave behind are important documents, billing information and your favorite magazines! Ease the transition to your new home by making sure that your mail moves with you.

Since it can take up to 10 days for mail to start getting forwarded to your new address after you submit a change of address form, turn in your request two weeks before your moving date.

Where to Find a USPS Change of Address Form

If your moving to-do list is turning into a to-do novel, fear not. There are several ways to get your change of address with the US postal service squared away. Choose the option most convenient for your schedule and you’ll be able to cross at least one thing off that ever-growing list!

  • ·         Online: Easily the most convenient and quickest option, you can fill out a Change of Address form online for a $1 verification fee.
  • ·         At Your Local Post Office: Visit your local post office and fill out PS Form 3575—Change of Address. You can also print it beforehand and bring it with you.
  • ·         By Mail: Send Form 3575 to the address provided.
  • ·         By Phone: Call 1-800-ASK-USPS to complete your address change over the phone. The $1 verification fee will apply.

Updating or Cancelling Your Change of Address

Maybe your new living situation falls through, or maybe you entered your new address incorrectly the first time—after all, it’s hard to remember a zip code when you’ve got moving boxes, heavy furniture and new neighbors on your mind! Either way, it’s an easy process to update or cancel your change of address with the US Postal Service.

If you have internet access, you can simply go online to the Change of Address page and click “Get started on” Next, click on “Need to view, update or cancel a Change of Address order you already submitted?” (located under the “Click here to begin” button). After verifying your zip code and confirmation number, you’ll be able to make any changes or cancellations necessary. You can also do this over the phone (1-800-275-8777) or by filling out a form at your local post office.

Related posts:

  1. Common Moving Mistakes

    Leave a Reply